Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Radio Usergland

I'll need that title again when I finally get around to creating my own Podcast. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities since the whole Podcasting phenomenon brings together a bunch of things I've been thinking about and discussing with colleagues: RSS feeds, iPods, targeted radio stations. There's still a huge potential for a company like Apple to come along here and really change how P2P and personal broadcasting is seen by the major labels (I'll expand on this at a later date; for now imagine every copy of iTunes turned into a legal streaming radio station through a digital certificate and a performing rights licence). Until that happens there's a window of opportunity for budding broadcasters (that'll be us) and coders to shake up both the world of radio, and the listening habits of the iPod generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home